WELCOME TO FREETEK4U, your guide to getting high-tech goods for FREE!

The aim of this site is to help you gain technology items, such as PS3, iPod, iPhone, XBox360, Desktop PCs, Macbooks etc for FREE.
Companies can pay for your gift because when you complete an offer, you become a potential customer, and this is something very valuable to them, easily worth an iPod or iPhone.
At no point will you ever need to spend money!
So please enjoy this guide and I hope it helps you get yourself some free tech!
Just click on HOME - Start Here!

Tom,
Creator of FreeTek4U (freetek4u@yahoo.com)

Tuesday 22 July 2008

Getting Referrals

This is the continuation of my advice on how to get referrals.

1)Join getref if you haven't done already.
Read my previous post about it or join here :


2)Get your friends to help you
Now in theory this should be the easiest way of getting referrals. But it depends how many friends you have and how skeptical they are! If you live in halls at uni, getting your flat mates and neighbours to sign-up under you isn't too difficult. Students love free stuff! Also they're part of a tech generation and now how to use the internet to do their research. Most of the friends that joined for me were friends from university. Also, students have 2 sets of friends in general. Their uni ones, and friends from home. This means there network is large and they won't compete with each other for referrals!
Now a lot of your friends are going to be skeptical. If you can, get them to have a look at this blog, help them do their research. What you'll find is a lot of them want proof. You can show them all the success videos and stories you want but some will still be skeptical. This moves me onto my next tip

3)Do a small offer first
If you're having problems getting referrals, I would suggest complete an offer that only takes 2-3 referrals, such as an iPod shuffle. This way you get some hard proof to show to your friends. If they are still not convinced then give up on them because there is nothing more you can show them. They cannot grasp basic economics and refuse to believe their eyes and friends.

4)Create your own website
Well you're on mine aren't you! You have 2 options here. You can pay for a domain (if you don't have one already) or you can create a free one. Now the advantage to registering your own domain is that you look more professional. However I haven't done this because I don't ever want to pay anything! Now I'm not trying to brand myself as a company. I'm being completely honest that I'm one guy that wants to help you get your free gifts. Many have helped me do it. Therefore a blog is more suitable for me. Its far more personal, and I genuinely will be here to help you.
Now once you've got your own site, makesure this is your 'base of operations'. This is where you want all of your information to be because this is where you are going to send everybody. Don't post your referral link all around the internet. Post your website address. Its easy for people to ignore ref links because there is that many flying around its nothing new to them. But if your reading this far down it means you are interested in what I'm saying! Also, when displaying in other places, people remember webaddresses, but there not going to remember your ref link number are they?

5) Use forums or online communities
How many of you are members of some forum or community. Now you have a signature on these. Its a great place to advertise your website. Don't post a ref link on them as its against many forum's ToS. Chances are several of the members will click on it and visit your site! Also don't join these places just to get refs. Its a waste of time. Join forums you enjoy, and if you feel it appropriate mention that you know how to get a free iPod or something and that your website will tell them how. You don't want to be a spammer.

6) Social Networking Sites
As I have mentioned in another post, these are great places to promote your site. You have a lot of friends on these. Facebook, myspace, yuwie. They are all full of vibrant young people. Now I'm guessing that you're a 16-30 year old. You are probably male. And you like technology. Of course I could easily be wrong, but this is your target audience and you'll find its the same sort of people that use social networking sites. Again, don't spam!

7) Youtube and other video sites
Youtube is incredibly effective. As long as you make your videos personal. I'm betting many of you have found this blog from youtube. Now I originally made a youtube vid with just text and a song and it just looked generic and untrustworthy (even though its not) because there are so many like that around. Chances are you've heard me speaking on the next video I did. I wanted to do it as a video, but I'm not that good looking, and I couldn't get the video and audio to sync properly. But did you notice how more open you were to it? Because I am personally telling you something. I've taken the time to record a message. I want people to know who I am and I will eventually get a pic of me on here (when I find a good one!). Again though, just use these video sites to drive people towards your own site.

8)Get your website link in the real world
Now a lot of people just try to get refs by asking their mates and trying to get the online community to help. Theres a whole world out their that can visit your website! Put your website link in the back of your car. Write the link in papers that you find inn pubs and on the train. Get it in as many places as you can. Write it on money! Think about how many times notes(bills if your American) get handed around, just put your link on them. Its free advertising! Leave business cards lying around. Use flyers. Use your imagination!

9)Traffic Exchanges
You can use traffic exchanges to increase the page rank of your website. Basically you visit other peoples sites to get credits to spend on people seeing yours. Now many of these people will not even read your website, but you are increasing traffic to your site. This can boost you with several search engines, and there is a chance some people will actually stop to look at your site.
I recommend trafficera. Join here :



10)Complete offers for other people
If you are still struggling you can offer to do other peoples offers in exchange for them doing yours. This requires a certain ammount of trust though, so do be careful if you choose this.



Well thanks for reading guys. If you need any advice, or have any ideas I could put up here, please e-mail me at freetek4u@yahoo.com, or leave me a message on one of my videos.

Thanks ,
Tom, freetek4u